Tuts 4 You

iPhone 4G...

Teddy Rogers

Teddy Rogers

If you haven't heard already there was a leak last month of the next iPhone, a prototype 4G, left in a German bar. Gizmodo released some photos and some details the other day:

/>http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

What do you think? Not sure if I like it myself, the 3GS seems to be better looking.

Some other articles released at Gizmodo concerning the leaked phone which you may find interesting:

How Apple Lost the Next iPhone

A Letter: Apple Wants Its Secret iPhone Back

Hitler shows his frustration for the lost iPhone 4G

Ted.

it doesnt look to much diffrnt than the last model (to me anyhow)

at 1st reading the story i thought it was a joke about how the guy lost the phone hehehe

that would suck indeed

plain awesome, i like this design much better than the previous ones.

i might even get one of these, now that they support multitasking (o_O)

Been playing with an ipad today.... my summary:

its a fat ipod touch with crap wireless.

Don't get the point of it. If it were something to leave in the living room as a family system then they should have put user profiles and multitasking on it. The way it is everyone connects to the same email/facebook/whatever.

Knowing Apple though, maybe they saved that for version 2 ;)

The iPad is beyond me too.

It's not a phone, it's not a netbook either. Some crappy compromise that is uterrly useless for pretty much anything but ebooks.

What are you gonna do, it's gonna sell like crazy anyway. Damn those yuppies that just buy about anything with an Apple icon on it, no matter the price tag or functionality :sweat:

Been playing with an ipad today.... my summary:

its a fat ipod touch with crap wireless.

Don't get the point of it. If it were something to leave in the living room as a family system then they should have put user profiles and multitasking on it. The way it is everyone connects to the same email/facebook/whatever.

Knowing Apple though, maybe they saved that for version 2 ;)

I have no idea why anyone would buy an iPad. Without even buying it, you can already see they just slapped on iPhone OS and called it a day. That's pretty shoddy work, in my opinion. I mean, icons aren't even scaled up or anything. It just looks dumb.

As for the next-gen iPhone, I love the look. I didn't like the models before it, but this one actually looks really nice to me and I would even consider buying it.

Edited by Hyperlisk
Teddy Rogers

I think the iPad was released to compete against Amazons Kindle. Hopefully this kind of thing is going to be a fad... hopefully like 3D TV's...

Ted.

It is quite cool when using it.... but for a couple hundred dollars maybe, not 600-900 or whatever they are.

The screen is nice and its very easy to browse on the larger screen, but for that money a laptop would be a better choice.

It needs:

- profiles

- multitasking

- flash support (which will never come)

- proper usb + SD card support

- a camera (perhaps)

- proper document editting tools; for business use the current stuff is very basic

• 1 month later...
Teddy Rogers

I am considering upgrading to the iPhone 4 when they become available to buy over here. Just checked Apples website on the specs...

/>http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

Seems to look quite good but I'd like to look at it in the flesh first. I'm not sure its worth rushing out to buy for most people especially if you are upgrading from a 3GS which I currently have. With the imminent release of OS4 there may be even less of a need.

It will be interesting to see what the phone is like with browsing using that smaller width size. I know people knocked the original iPhone a bit for its large size, even myself, but you get used to it. Nice to see its not as thick.

FaceTime... well for me its a bit of a joke. I don't see the point.

Good to see a flash is now available for the camera, I just hope the photos come out better. I don't expect quality photos from a camera phone but I think the 3GS' is pretty bad.

Looking forward to seeing how Apple's A4 CPU performs. I expect it will be underclocked like the Cortex-A8 is in the 3GS to save on the battery life.

Coincidentally battery life has been improved...

Ted.

• 2 weeks later...