Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
Nacho_dj

Rapidshare news

Nacho_dj

This is what they tell you after uploading a file now.

Your file has been saved and can now be downloaded 10 times. It will be deleted after 90 days without download. If you would like to enable more people to download your file, please transfer it to a free Collector's Account or a Premium Account. For more information, click here.
Amazing... :P

Nacho_dj

Loveless

Gay. Goodbye rapidshare.

Hyperlisk

You can just use a Collector's Account though...

ouchast

Yes, indeed. It's free to set up a Collector's Account. It's a lot more drudgery though.

Blah

mehhhh

this one seems good though

http://momupload.com/

human

thats not only change new users can download 2.66gb per day, old 10gb just read news in rapidshare. seems rapidshare finally is dead.

Externalist

Rapidshare go byebye.

I never liked them anyways. :/

diablo2oo2

i am using file-upload.net. UNlimited file storage when you are registered.

Shub-Nigurrath

I feel comfortable with www.sendspace.com indeed

Teddy Rogers

There are just so many of these online storage sites popping up it is hard to keep up. Worse is all the free downloading slots... ads, pop-ups, very slow downloading speeds... at least when Rapidshare was popular and used widely it was worth getting a premium account...

Ted.

cektop

Rapidshare.com won't be replaced any time soon. I can't trust any other provider they have enough resources for real sharing, but I use other services too.

filedropper.com

drop.io

Teddy Rogers

Slightly old news... but...

Rapidshare.Com has decided to decrease the download limit for new premium customers to 80 GB per month from 300 GB earlier (10 GB per day), old premium account holders will continue to enjoy the earlier limits until they extend their premium account after the policy change.

The new download limit roughly translates to 2.6 GB of daily downloads which should be more then enough for most users, but can be a limiting factor if you have a very high-speed connection and download heavily, if you are not happy with the new limit give Rapidshare alternative VIPeers or MediaFire a try.

http://www.rapidsharetools.com/rapidshare-...80-gb-per-month

Ted.

SSlEvIN
I feel comfortable with www.sendspace.com indeed

Confirming this ... sendspace is really cool ...

blaCke

vip-file.com

rock my world

Rompope

Who ever was thinking of this Idea must of been on crack this even effects premium account users from content.

Sonny27

bluehost.to didn

ouchast

What is positive with one superior server (in popularity) is that getting a premium account with this one-click-hosters always pays off because you'll find most content uploaded by this host. The problem with it, is the lack of competition, as when the hoster gets monopoly, it starts to reduce/cut on its features and limits, thus making it a lot cheaper for them, and increasing their income.

So yes, the pro with having serveral hosters are the fact that competition forces them to have good limits, speed and price. But it makes it a lot harder to choose where to buy an account, as much of the content that gets uploaded is probably uploaded on a different provider.

Usually it's free to download, but with that comes a whole lot of irritating limits.

Teddy Rogers
In Germany, the file-hosting service Rapidshare has handed over the personal details of alleged copyright infringers to several major record labels. The information is used to pursue legal action against the Rapidshare users and at least one alleged uploader saw his house raided.

http://torrentfreak.com/rapidshare-shares-...holders-090425/

Ted.

panas

Well this shocking news. After 3-4 years in torrents, I settled with Rapishare and Megashares. I found it hassle free, no need for a torrent client, no need seeding for days, faster downloads even for older releases (1 year plus), wider range of releases. Of course I paid around 50 euro per year for each service but that didn't bother me much because it is something like 1 euro per week which I can afford it and I "borrow" my login details to some real life friends on the same geographic area with me.

CodeExplorer

I always use:

http://upload.plunder.com/

Why?

Never expire, no ads and great download speed!

Yep is not the faster when it come to uploading but still ...

I couldn't find any better!

Edited by CodeRipper (see edit history)

GEEK

mediafire.com

ifileit

Piratebay got screwed i just hope even rapidshare does

Teddy Rogers

Rapidshare Fined $34 Million and Ordered to Filter Content

Collections society GEMA claims to represent more than 60,000 composers, authors and music publishers worldwide, protecting their copyrights. After a request by the group, The Regional Court in Hamburg has ruled that hosting service Rapidshare is forbidden from making any of 5,000 music tracks from GEMA’s collection available on the Internet.

Rapidshare was also ordered to delete any and all of those same tracks from its servers and ensure that they are not uploaded again by users. Previously Rapidshare had been using file hashes to recognize tracks that were already removed after requests from GEMA, to ensure that they weren’t uploaded again. The court decided that the technique used was ineffective.

The court found Rapidshare guilty of breaches of copyright law and ordered it to pay damages of €24 million ($34 million).

“The decision of the Hamburg Regional Court is a milestone in GEMA’s fight against the illegal use of musical works on the Internet,” said Dr. Harald Heker, Chief Executive Officer of GEMA. “We are confident that in this way we will be able to reduce the illegal use of the GEMA repertoire on the Internet to a negligible level,” he added.

Understandably, Rapidshare sought to downplay the ruling. Bobby Chang, COO of RapidShare, Switzerland, said: “We do not consider the court’s decision to be a breakthrough. As other proceedings in similar disputes with GEMA have shown, there is considerable disparity amongst the individual courts in some cases.”

Noting that the courts of appeal “tend to restrict the scope of the decisions made by the lower courts,” Chang said it would make more sense to offer music fans the right products and services at the right price to “open up a new source of income for music-markets on the Internet.”

http://torrentfreak.com/

Ted.

Hyperlisk
Update: We initially reported that Rapidshare was fined $34 million on the back of this report. This information is wrong, the court only stated that the value of the tracks was estimated at $34 million. The article is updated accordingly and we’re sorry for the confusion.
Edited by Hyperlisk (see edit history)

trung277

I hate it. I like Megaupload :angry:

Blah

fileserve is a good one...you can grab large files and free