Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
Blah

Microsoft Windows 7...

Killboy

Okay, these are the times it takes to boot, that is right after hitting enter in the boot manager. Add about 10 seconds until it actually gets there after firing up the box.

XP : 23 seconds

Vista : 1 minute (exactly 60 seconds)

XP immediately responds, I can open explorer, start Winamp etc.

On Vista, I can wait another 20 seconds until I can open up explorer or any other app, it would just show me the busy cursor when I move over the taskbar.

Simply put, it's **** :)

Blah

just saw this out....u guys think its worth a go? its just the "vienna styles" but this ms7 version isnt gonna be final till 2010..heheh

screens

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1b93fb3d91gy4.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b8a6311befjt8.jpg

Windows Xp sp3 Vienna Style

same with windows xp3....This is a combination of the XP-Vista FINAL CD with 25 themes and Windows 7 visual effects. This is Windows XP PRO Service Pack 3 with Vienna (Windows 7) Styles....Genuine Already....

no compaints and people saying its working fine..

:huh:

update..i just saw teddys post (my bad for bringing this back from the dead)

http://forum.tuts4you.com/index.php?showtopic=18001&st=0&start=0
Edited by Blah (see edit history)

Teddy Rogers

It seems Microsoft are extending the Windows 7 beta download and will continue to provide beta keys:

Windows 7 Beta will continue to be available to the general public until February 10, 2009.

“Because enthusiasm continues to be so high for the Windows 7 Beta and we don’t want anyone to miss out we will keep the Beta downloads open through February 10th. Customers who have started but not completed the download process will be able to do so through February 12th. The shutdown of general availability for the Windows 7 Beta will occur in 3 phases over the course of the next few weeks,” LeBlanc revealed.

Microsoft will continue to offer product keys for Windows 7 Beta even after the downloads of the platform's milestone will be pulled off. In this regard, keys will continue to be live even after February 12, 2009, enabling users that have grabbed the Windows 7 Beta bits to activate the operating system even after the software giant will stop serving the platform to users.

“Starting January 27th, the Windows 7 page will be updated with a warning that time is running out on downloading the Windows 7 Beta and that we will be limiting downloads shortly. People will be encouraged to register and start the download of the Windows 7 Beta sooner rather than later. February 10th, new downloads of the Windows 7 Beta will no longer be available. People who have already started their Windows 7 Beta download and have not yet finished will still be able to finish their download and are encouraged to do so. February 12th, people will no longer be able to complete their download of the Windows 7 Beta. Anyone who hasn’t finished downloading the Windows 7 Beta will be unable to do so,” LeBlanc stated.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...a-download.aspx

Ted.

human

well you can extend 30 day trial to 120 days, with slmgr.vbs -rearm like vista.

i tried it on virtualbox x64, ripped crap with vlite(due win7 is vista) and same growing **** like winsxs stays.

after boot memory usage was 465mb without optimization like turn off useless services etc.

compared to vista 1gb its not so bad,but still too much and still size is too big.

under emu i cant say if its faster than vista.

recently i spent 12h reinstalling and configuring my xpsp3 from old sp2.

after 6th reinstall i have what i want:P

why so much?

well i have 2nd hdd and 2nd partion moved to be 4th

well pendrive also moves partitions

installing .net 3.5 and i remove dir installer and installed apps string from add/remove programs

and then i noticed it installed language pack that use place, in my configured xp i dont need that due i use only english(never understand how to use program in my language)

so there was another reinstall

next after install it sets resolution to 640x480 and says it autoconfigured display and use it ok/cancel

i did last reinstall 2 years ago and with cancel it skips user creating and have only administrator account(next reinstall)

when you set password it asks to do your user dir private and bam cant copy dir in vista to backup xp(next reinstall)

but finally my xplited windows with flashfxp,mirc,thebat,miranda,nero6 and other apps takes 1.2gb

and will last a long time

Edited by human (see edit history)