Tuts 4 You
Sign in to follow this  
Takpan

Referrer Issue

Takpan

After login the forum, browsing with referrer disabled, i couldn't keep my self logged.

Now i'm using normal referrer. Is this a bug or a request to access the forum?

Teddy Rogers

I'm not sure what you mean, it could be a cookie issue. Could you explain a little more please?

Ted.

Loki

That shouldn't be an issue. I always browse using refcontrol to null all referer tags in the http header, and I have no issues staying logged in.

Its probably a cookie or IP issue. Are you using some sort of cookie blocker or IP hider (like TOR?). If your IP changes, IPBoard will log you out as a security feature (stops session hijacking etc).

Loki

Have you removed the locking of a session to an IP now Ted? Over the last week or so I've stayed logged in on a few different computers.

If you've not done it intentionally it may be worth investigating.

Teddy Rogers

The forum? No nothing has changed... or should have changed... :blink:

Ted.

Loki

Yeah, in the forum. IPBoard usually logs you off if your IP changes (and did here on the forum too). This last week though I've stayed logged in at home and at work when I usually have to re-login whenever I switch.

Weird that its stopped without you doing anything.... I assumed it was in response to this thread so that people could use various anonymising techniques.

Teddy Rogers

Login key expiration has always been set at 7 days. However since you have asked ( :) ) I have set the forum to reset the authentication key on each login so you should definately have to login each time your on a different machine... :)

Ted.

Loki

Yup... back to how it was. :)