Tuts 4 You

SND.Dup.Skin.#03

JetCodE!

i wonder why you always use so much place for the transparent color. 1 or 2 pixel left,right,bottom and top would be enough...

big bitmaps with custom shape (rgn) are not good. keep them small as possible.

From the thumbnail, I wasn't sure if I'd like it. After looking at it full size, I changed my mind. I really like the shape of the buttons. Another good skin from JC!

@diablo2oo2:

Well.. never really thought about it.. thanks for the heads up.

Ah! I almost forgot! In my Vista, After creating the patch using dup (even last beta), can't hear the zik ! I tried many files.. but I hear nothing in the final .exe ??

@EclipTic: Thanks dude.. people sometimes don't take the trouble of looking at the full size, or better the Preview.

I have a collection, sorted by filesize and quality. I name files like:

20kb.tracktitle.[+5].xm ; this is good zik

15kb.tracktitle.[+1].xm ; this is good in size but the quality's low

If interested.. I can share ;)

@JC

Ah! I almost forgot! In my Vista, After creating the patch using dup (even last beta), can't hear the zik ! I tried many files.. but I hear nothing in the final .exe ??

JC, Run that patch with admin priviledges, i.e , right click -> Run as Administrator. Music should play. It is caused because, without admin rights, you can't extract bassmod.dll amd hence no music. Correct me if I am wrong.

Oricode.

I have a collection, sorted by filesize and quality. I name files like:

20kb.tracktitle.[+5].xm ; this is good zik

15kb.tracktitle.[+1].xm ; this is good in size but the quality's low

If interested.. I can share ;)

Please do! :)

I tried both 2.16 and the 2.17 beta but same happens. When I create the .exe, I hear nothing.. but then it might be my goddamn OS. Zer0brun said it all works for him :(

Olrite, I downloaded the file and checked. It doesnt play the music in my Vista either. But JC, if u tried the way I suggested, it works! And the problem is it extracts the dll to the system drive, which wont work until and unless u grant the application admin priviledges, even though you are logged in as admin.

Oricode.

Thanks bro for the info ;)

Now it's diablo's call.

So, dup includes bassmod dlls even if you tell him to only use ufmod!!

And you need to be an admin in order to hear some music !!

ain't that a problem diablo ? :(

Not sure about that :) Never checked it myself. Maybe some other reason, diablo2oo2 can tell us more about it.

Edited by oricode
Yeah, it tries to load bassmod even with ufmod checked.

Prolly not intentionally...

the dll is just named "bassmod.dll" . but inside its ufmod. so the problem is that the patcher write it to system dir? should i change it to %TEMP% dir ?

the dll is just named "bassmod.dll" . but inside its ufmod. so the problem is that the patcher write it to system dir? should i change it to %TEMP% dir ?

Yup. At least thats what I think is the problem. I am sure changing it to %TEMP% should solve the problem. And to confirm this, i noticed that while u run DUP exe for the first time on Vista, u need to have admin rights and by the second time, the DLL has been registered in the system directory, and hence no need of admin rights.

Oricode.

the dll is just named "bassmod.dll" . but inside its ufmod.
ufmod doesn't require bassmod.dll... only system's winmm.dll.

I guess, that's why we wondering, why it's loaded anyway... :unsure: