Tuts 4 You

Question Regarding App...

hey all...a bud of mine just asked me if i knew what the best app to "securing my files and folders"....he said theres several appz out there (which im sure there is( but was looking for opinions on the best....i dont mess with that stuff so i thought id ask here...

cheers all

B

I used "File Securer" a lot of times and it works fine.

and even "Cryto Lock" (this one makes a self decompressing password enabled exe target)

About the former,

Thou d crack developed by sm1 was not proper and it has a major flaw in its wrking.

But THE SOFTWARE itself seems to be very nice.

Thanks.

Im more of a keep it in an encrypted container type.. :) bestcrypt is nice for that..

drivecrypt plus pack is good to encrypt the whole computer.. nice for a mobile laptop ;)

but folder lock is good at a work place as its more invisible to boss type people :P

well i just got my 4 dollars 30 cents worth in.. :P

Take a look at Lock Folder XP
/>http://www.everstrike.com/lock_folder.htm

It password protects your folders, and also hides them. So a folder that's locked can't even be viewed. Also, if you uninstall the program with any locked folders on, they will remain locked...

So unlock them before uninstalling :P

Edited by ante0
Take a look at Lock Folder XP
/>http://www.everstrike.com/lock_folder.htm

It password protects your folders, and also hides them. So a folder that's locked can't even be viewed. Also, if you uninstall the program with any locked folders on, they will remain locked...

So unlock them before uninstalling :P

i passed these opinions to my bud and he just sent a email back regarding the app u suggested..

"This is what i found on folder locker. Might want to pass the info on and see what they say?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Theirs a serious security flaw of Folder Lock too. I've found that this happens if you're using 2xExplorer or xplorer2 or NexusFile. Open the "Locker" in either of these three file managers and then lock and close Folder Lock. You'll see that the Locker becomes invisible. You may think that your "locked" files and folders are now secured. But they are not! Just launch folder lock and without entering the password you'll find that the Locker is visible again, open for all the world to see!

So, to sum up, just be careful not to keep the locker open in any file manager when locking and closing folder lock. It works fine in windows explorer (obviously) and SpeedCommander.

Folder Lock v5.7.5 FULL

this program is a joke as far as security goes... don't trust it. I just loaded it on my notebook, and locked the folder. Then went to another computer on the network, and it can see the "Locked Folder", and opens it, runs the movie file inside, downloads it across the network, etc. Sure glad I didn't buy it! For security... try something else! "

just a heads up mate.. :)

B

That I did not know about folder lock xp. thanks for the heads up, guess I'll have to switch it for something else.

Or was that about the other program?

Still good to know :)

Edited by ante0