Tuts 4 You

Nj Teen Unlocks Iphone From At&t Network

NJ teen unlocks iPhone from AT&T network

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070824/ap_on_hi_te/iphone_unlockedNEW YORK - A 17-year-old hacker has broken the lock that ties Apple's iPhone to AT&T's wireless network, freeing the most hyped cell phone ever for use on the networks of other carriers, including overseas ones. ADVERTISEMENTGeorge Hotz of Glen Rock, N.J., confirmed Friday that he had unlocked an iPhone and was using it on T-Mobile's network, the only major U.S. carrier apart from AT&T that is compatible with the iPhone's cellular technology. In a video posted to his blog, he holds an iPhone that displays "T-Mobile" as the carrier.While the possibility of switching from AT&T to T-Mobile may not be a major development for U.S. consumers, it opens up the iPhone for use on the networks of overseas carriers.etc,etc,etc

Thats gay, I think he want fame. I wouldnt call him a hero or good. The heroes are the pioneer crackers and the elite groups :) I know that had nothing to do with hacking but Razor1911 their bustup had to do with hacking.

Well here in India, iPhone is already available in the gray market, and it is compatible with almost all the carriers here.My friend owns one. The guys who sell them say that the "cracked" version is available for last 2-3 months!

Edit : Spelling

Edited by oricode

not surprised.....people shouldn't be locked into only one service. they should know that anytime someone says something can't be done, they will ultimately be proven wrong.....AT&T is ****ed for sure

Geohot is a little punk *** cheater - Full stop.

I have alot of irc logs from the private dev team channels which prove this.

The ONLY reason he managed the unlock was because some mysterious russian guy turned up one day and gave him a private document for the S-Gold 2, which had all the pinouts on it.

He did ALOT less work than everyone thinks, and now he ended up with a 350z.