Yes, sry... ofc I meant OEM all the time.. :X

Here's a snippet from my code:

NfoFont	LOGFONT  <8,NULL,NULL,NULL,FW_DONTCARE,FALSE,\
FALSE,FALSE,OEM_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS,\
CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,DEFAULT_QUALITY,DEFAULT_PITCH,"Terminal">

For example Teddy & EclipTic couldn't see the nfo style at all,

until I set it to OEM... ;)

Edited by Ufo-Pu55y

i dunno if you tested the last attached file............still your logfont is ok

but i didn't define any logs in my source i created it using CreateFont.........nvm i tried your logfont

and used CreateFontIndirect to get the handle then the same usuall steps to set it in the edit box one question

is it supposed to work correctly ?? cause your 8,NULL = Height,Width are incorrect the font it too big and i got spaces between the NFO chars and that's ****ed up :/

i configured the same settings i used before so the Height is = 12 and the Width is = 6 and it's shown correctly again now

you guys define the Height only but it's still needed to define the Width else the char would become weired and has a Height more than a Width that way you get the wrong nfo appearence in case of setting the site i always use some Height and the half of it must the Width that would create an acceptable size that looks the best way..............

Regarding NULL in Width - MSDN again:

lfWidth

Specifies the average width, in logical units, of characters in the font. If lfWidth is zero, the aspect ratio of the device is matched against the digitization aspect ratio of the available fonts to find the closest match, determined by the absolute value of the difference.

Regarding Height... dunno why 8... it's mostly used and it fitted to my needs.

I read somewhere, that since Terminal's no TTF, it only comes with a handful of natural sizes.

Don't remember, but 8 is one of 'em...

Hehe.. this topic turned into a waterfall ^^

haha seems so but it's a nice disccution here ;)

the sizes i know are 5,6,9,12,14 only i dunno if there is any 8 :)

that's why i used 12 in my function........i guess it must be shown correctly now

as you said the 8 fitted your needs so did the 12,6 each has his own needs i dunno one thing what does MSDN think mean by "aspect ratio of the available fonts to find the closest match" avilable where ^^ ??

the sizes i know are 5,6,9,12,14 only i dunno if there is any 8 :)

that's why i used 12 in my function........i guess it must be shown correctly now

as you said the 8 fitted your needs so did the 12,6 each has his own needs i dunno one thing what does MSDN think mean by "aspect ratio of the available fonts to find the closest match" avilable where ^^ ??

Yeah, for me ur 2nd attachment works exactly like the 1st,

since I've got no engl OS.

Actually Terminal is a fixed-width font, tho u could alter it's width...

But if anybody wants to include a Terminal font:

http://www.apollosoft.de/ASCII/indexen.htm

(I tried it in my viewer and it looked ugly.. maybe I didn't use it right)

Still.. including an own Terminal bitmap font like DAMN NFO Viewer does,

seems to be the only clean way for everybody... :/

Anyway, using the system's font like we do it now

afaik might have a lag of ~2 chars,

which really doesn't make nfos ugly.

You often wouldn't even notice...

so I don't see the prob atm...

Edited by Ufo-Pu55y

Maybe that helps somehow ?

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/xComputer...terSets/OEM.asp

Look at chars 221 & 222, guess that's the problem.

Maybe some machines use older version of the Terminal font (which [afaik] is a so called bitmap/raster font, too)...

Apparently those chars weren't even supported by DOS (according to George :P ) ?

BTW If I'm not mistaken the common way of viewing NFOs is Terminal with a size of 9 points (is that similar to the logical height or are they different ?)

Take a look at AHTeam's NFO viewer, you can select the charset used to display the NFO, for me none of them shows these 2 chars correctly...

NFOViewer.rar

Edited by Killboy

UFO to me it's the same as the first too but only that no special chars in both cases :)

thanks for the font btw i searched alot for it but never gor a working link ;)

as Killboy said i read it yesterday and never had the chance to post here but the systems are different from each others old terminal fonts used to have less chars indeed so maybe that's the problem here also that other PC's "English" too show them correctly and some of them don't it's an OS difference i dunno if there is a way to solve this isuue but maybe if i try including the font it'll work properly so i'll try coding it when i have a free time and post results...........

the AHTeam viewer used to work on my machine but latly it doesn't i dunno why maybe because of my new XP version i used to have an older Build "a little buggy" like usual M$ crap :D haha

i must say their NFO Viewer should be working fine on Win95 cause as i searched and read i saw that some of the used charsets in the NFO Viewer were used in Win95 only and on XP everything changed and they are unsed these days that's why the don't work some of them are:

JOHAB_CHARSET

HEBREW_CHARSET

ARABIC_CHARSET

GREEK_CHARSET

RUSSIAN_CHARSET

these were supported in the past but not today ;) so another matter that depends on the systems XD SH!T !!

cheers