Tuts 4 You

About Myself

Guest Vlad~TheImpaler

Guest Vlad~TheImpaler

Well I just wanted to share alittle about myself,

Im 34 yrs old,from des moines,Iowa. I use to code fluently on older system in the days of the trs-80 model I,coco,coco2,c64.128 and amiga 500...

LoL wassnt much to do in them days with 64k,I recently started up again on the pc,and and vastly behind in assembly knowledge. Alot more to grasp.. all we had to use back then was kernal calls or write our own code to handle hardware through the IVT. (interrupt Vector Table).

So enough of that,I have a question. What would be a good reference book for assembly,one that explains the use of API calls,along with actual register usage. and result values returned after the calls.

As of right now, im not really having any problems far as reversing code of none protected/packed files.I can follow the code,since I use to program strictly in assembly on many older systems,for years.And using A debugger is not a problem..

I kinda fell in love with OLLYDBG... except in certain situations that call for the use of SoftIce.

Well enough said for now,trying to type and talk to wife at the same time.. Anyone have the problem with there spouse getting jelous over a computer?

So any Info on good structered and detailed books for assembly or any other reference material that would help me on my

long journey back into the programming world,So I can begin to actually code my own win32 executables,Instead of little 64k com modules using DOS or Bios INT calls.(makes me feel like I went back intime.)

And what anyone thinks of RosASm,WinAsm,or Blasm.. that is if anyone has actually used any one of those over Masm32.

Many Thanks,

Vlad,

Nice information lol :)

yes indeed there are many explained tutorials to learn assembly through

one of them is found on the homepage and called PC Assembly a nice book

has many explainations and so.........you'll understand many things in it of course

only if you want to :D "DOS Mm....... i think it's time passed through long time ago !!"

perhaps other books might be usefull to you like HLA by "Randall Hyde" great series :)

the Art Of Assembly too this one has many references that should be good as a start you

know if you didn't like nay of them you can simply google for a bit information you want you'll

find it easly this way and there is info as much as you want to know.......using API call's or registers

is easy but needs experience when it gets to complicated code so learning at first is best way to do it !!

MASM32 yeah a 32-Bit assembler by M$ easy to use and can be integrated into an IDE such as

RadAsm, WinAsm, RosAsm, Blasm, the ones you said :) my opinion i think WinAsm is the easiest

for usage i use it since a long while now so it's a real great IDE for assembling and so you can handle

sources and compile, link.... coding and so on..... usuall stuff not much RadAsm well dunno many used it

but not me i didn't like it that much so i moved back to WinAsm it is better "my opinion" you might disagree

with me but none here can help oyu about deciding cause it's your choice oyu might like some and others not :D

Cheers To All

Anyone have the problem with there spouse getting jelous over a computer?
:bye1:

Everything's in front of ya nose, babe:

_http://www.tuts4you.com/download.php?list.31

;)

Anyone have the problem with there spouse getting jelous over a computer?

Not since I locked her in the cellar. Much quieter now.

So any Info on good structered and detailed books for assembly or any other reference material that would help me on my

long journey back into the programming world

Couple of reources:

- Icezillion's pages are always a good place to start : http://win32assembly.online.fr/tutorials.html

- You might like to check out some of the tutorials over at ARTeam's site (forums.accessroot.com). They have written some nice ones but Goppit's ASM Programming Guide for beginners would be useful to you. Its basic, but will show you the basics above the use of INT calls.

Enjoy your stay here :)

Well, I added a nice pair of handcuffs on her wrists and some stripes over her mouth (my cellar has not good sound isolation). :evil2::woot:

He, he

39 old smartass,

SSlEvIN

Well, I added a nice pair of handcuffs on her wrists and some stripes over her mouth

What ever FLoats Your Boat SSlEvIN :^:woot:

Just remember that waking up next to your computer can get pretty lonely guys, not to mention trying to get the combatability with the IO Ports :wub::hug:

i cant lock mine in the cellar either - i taught her how to pick locks :help

Just remember that waking up next to your computer can get pretty lonely guys, not to mention trying to get the combatability with the IO Ports :wub::hug:

Yep,

You re right about this Locksmith, it (computer) isnt to warm even if it works whole night. So, I must maintain good relationship with both sides (wife and computer). Junction point - games, particularly MOORHUHN 2, she adores to shoot chicken (even holds a family high score) :lol::lol::lol:

One day I ll get roasted MOORHUHN for lunch. :)

SSlEvIN