Tuts 4 You

Game Gets Rated 0 Out Of 10 Because Of Starforce...

Teddy Rogers

So what would make a game reviewer award a game 0 points? I guess no game is that bad, not even Driver 4! Oh yeah, Trackmania actually is, or at least that is what Angry Gamer think.

This gaming site recently tried to perform a review of a boxed version of Trackmania. They actually didn't succeed and they awarded the game o points. Apparently, the boxed version of Trackmania uses StarForce copy protection. You may have probably heard of StarForce's issues regarding system instability and other whatnots.

Angry Gamer is not complaining about copy protection; apparently, they have nothing against it. They explain that the Trackmania copy protection is “over-zealous”. When they introduced the Trackmania disc into a willing PC, things started going crazy. Mounted drives were disabled, the OS went “all weird” and all the games that were installed on that computer just would not work anymore.

Even after the Trackmania disc was removed and uninstalled, things did not go properly, so I guess it's safe to say that it pretty much screwed up his system. This is why they do not recommend Trackmania for purchase as long as StarForce is included.

StarForce is a controversial software copy prevention brand developed by Russian company Protection Technology. Many consider it to be malware, and to tell you the truth, I am one of those guys. StarForce blocks the use of SCSI optical drives when IDE optical drives are present in the system, because most optical drive emulators work by simulating SCSI drives. So if you want to play a pirated game that uses StarForce protection, all you have to do is unplug your optical drive (oops did I say that?).

Ted.

protecting your software is one thing but using such a nasty protection isnt smart..."normal" consumers are gonna get ****ed off if there system gets wacky especially since thye bought it and all..

i recall that trackmania game mentioned was cracked anyhow..hehehe

I only had one Starforce-Game... DRIV3R.

The crack was very nice (as likely... RELOADED... don't remember),

cause it prevented installing the Starforce-Drivers.

So, if Trackmania has such a nice crack, too,

they should be fair and make another review:

This time with the cracked version,

since it won't **** up ur OS... :lol:

Trackmania 1 was cracked by immersion (they might have cracked Sf before reloaded did i think but not sure)-01-03-04

Trackmania Sunrise Extreme *INTERNAL* RELOADED -10-27-06

I only had one Starforce-Game... DRIV3R.

The crack was very nice (as likely... RELOADED... don't remember),

cause it prevented installing the Starforce-Drivers.

So, if Trackmania has such a nice crack, too,

they should be fair and make another review:

This time with the cracked version,

since it won't **** up ur OS... :lol:

Legitiment Gaming Reviews will not review pirated software. (IE Cracked versions) I seriously hope you were joking when you said that.

Thats like asking PC Gamer to review a game released by RELOADED, and then telling them to go download that version because the box retail will **** you system up.... lmfao

And Starforce is really a ****ed up protection. Just search google. I will buy no game protected with that crap no matter the title.

Edited by zer0buRn