Tuts 4 You

Intel Demo Trailer Competition...

Teddy Rogers

Intel Demo Trailer Competition...

Hardware Deluxe

Intel, the world’s leading chip manufacturer, has been involved in the demo scene for years. Its interest here can be explained by the requirements made by the highly complex demos on hardware.

With the advent of Intel? Centrino? Duo technology, the notion that high performance is only possible on desktop PCs no longer holds good.

The Contest

To prove this, Intel set up the “Intel? Centrino? Trailer Competition”. It sees the best demo groups from across Europe pit their wits against each other. To ensure comparability and fair play, the requirements are the same for all teams. Each team works on the same Asus high-end notebook on an Intel? Centrino? Duo platform. The sound basis is also identical. Exclusively for the Intel Demo Trailer Competition, DJ Hell has produced various tracks of between 30 and 40 seconds, which must be used by the teams. The deadline for the demos’ creation is about 10 weeks. After that, the teams have to stop work and present their demos on this website to see what the community thinks. The winning team will be revealed when voting ends on 1st December.

Demo teams include: ASD (Greece), Conspiracy (Hungary), Farbrausch (Germany), MFX (Finland), Fairlight (Great Britain)

Remember Voting ends on 1st December!

http://www.intel.com/deutsch/demoscene/

Ted.

really cool Teddy. But there is one problem. I downloaded the demo from Farbrausch but i can't start it. Are these demos only for intel CPU PC's?

Greetz Jada^AoC

I've got a P4 and it works fine here. I don't know if its Intel only and will fail on AMD systems :dunno:

This is the link I used for the demo that ran on my system:

ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/parties/2006/intel_demo_trailer_compo_2006/fr-054_polar.zip

Ted.

Yes this is the one i tried too but with no success. Maybe another user will try to run this one with an AMD chip.

Thanks for your offer Teddy.

Greetz Jada^AoC

Thank you Locksmith!

I tried it to run on an AMD Sempron. Maybe it's for 64bit only. I will try it on my other PC (AMD64 X2). Thank you.

Greetz Jada^AoC