Tuts 4 You

How To Burn 775 Mb Avi Video On A 700 Mb Cd?

Guest Rahul_dv

Guest Rahul_dv

I have downloaded a 775 MB AVI video (single file).Now how do I burn it on a 700MB CD?

I don't have a DVD writer so cannot use DVDs.

One option is to use winrar ot hjsplit to split the video in 2 parts & burn those on separate CDs but then every time I want to watch the video,I would have to copy the files on my HDD & re-join them.

How do I split the avi video in 2 smaller videos without quality loss or distortion?I don't know much about video formats.

Please help.

Thanks,

Rahul.

Hi,

another possibility is that you could use the "overburn mode" in nero. But you have to try it because sometimes there are some problems if you burn more than 700mb.

Moreover there are also some discs with a size of 800mb.

Greetz

[z]ero

• 2 weeks later...
I have downloaded a 775 MB AVI video (single file).Now how do I burn it on a 700MB CD?

I don't have a DVD writer so cannot use DVDs.

One option is to use winrar ot hjsplit to split the video in 2 parts & burn those on separate CDs but then every time I want to watch the video,I would have to copy the files on my HDD & re-join them.

How do I split the avi video in 2 smaller videos without quality loss or distortion?I don't know much about video formats.

Please help.

Thanks,

Rahul.

ok rahul buy a 800MB cd and use diskjuggler which uses its own api best appz for overburning and it supports 2 cd-writers at once

Edited by honey
  • 1 month later...
Guest Warrior Crixus

ok, i know this is a bump, but frequently file sizes reported on your hard disk are actually larger than the size from the CD itself. this is due to sector sizes and incomplete useage of them. i've taken 795MB images and burned them to 700MB media with the resulting size being 699MB. just some insight from someone who hates the waste of space on NTFS and FAT drives...

there are many ways to do it:

1.buy 99minutes cd aka 800mb(best)

2.ripp useless scenes,like intros,endcredits,recode audio only or also video to lower bitrate

3.burn it in mode2 like cdaudio then normal cd have 800mb instead of 700mb but you will lose crc,ecc codes and one scratch and you can use cd as plate for tea cup

overburning is useless due most cd's are 700mb and some can max put 710mb so 737.000.000 vs around 755.000.000. more and cd burning will fail.