Google announced that the 1st Google TV 2.0 device is now available for pre-order in the US and in UK for $199.99. Sony NSZ-GS7 is a set-top box based on Marvell GTV reference design, which comes with a dual-sided “magic” Bluetooth remote (NSG-MR5U). The device was first seen at CES 2012.
Here are the key specifications of this media player:
- SoC – Marvell Armada 1500 dual core ARM processor @ 1.2 GHz with Vivante GC1000 GPU
- Storage – 8GB Nand Flash
- Built-in Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
- 100Mbit Ethernet
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Video Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – Optical out. HDMI supports Dolby and LPCM audio output
- Video codecs – H264-AVC, MPEG4-SP/-AAC/-HE, MPEG-1/2, MPEG4, H.263, WMV, Vorbis, Xvid…
- Video containers – 3gp/3g2/3gp9, AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, MPEG TS/PS, mp4/m4a, MVC, ogg, wmv/asf…
- Picture formats - bmp, gif, jpeg, mpo and png
- Audio formats - AAC, AC3, LPCM/WAV, MDI, MP3 and WMA
- USB – 2 x USB 2.0 Host ports
- Power Consumption – 21W in operation (which seems a lot), and less than 0.5W in standby mode
- Dimension (W x H x D): 204 x 35 x 130mm
But the most interesting part of this device is that is runs the latest version of Google TV and comes pre-loaded with an optimized Youtube application, Google Chrome for Android and Google Play.
To control the set-top box, you can either use the provided Bluetooth remote control or download Google TV Remote app onto your Android smartphone / tablet or iPhone.
Although the device is only available for pre-order in the US and UK for now, Sony plans to bring their GTV player to Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico and Netherlands in 2012.
You can find more information on Sony NSZ-GS7 and Google TV pages. </p></p>
- Google TV 2.0 For Android 3.1 Released
- Sony NSX-24GT1 Google TV Tear Down
- Android 2.2 Media Player: Cidecko Simple Box AB03
View the full article